“What We Believe” is a short summation of our doctrinal statement for the benefit of anyone who desires to know more about us and our teachings. These statements reflect the core affirmations contained in the Apostles’ Creed.
The Bible Is Our Only Source
The Bible teaches all of the below doctrines containing What We Believe.
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God. It is the authoritative guide for faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16).
- The one true God eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
- Every person has a sin nature that results in their committing sins. Their sin nature and sinful actions separate them from God both now and for eternity (Genesis 3:1-19; Romans 8:7-8).
- As wholly God and wholly man, Jesus Christ offered Himself as our substitute on the cross (1 Peter 2:24). And, His shed blood paid the penalty for our sin (Romans 3:21-26).
- All who receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior are declared righteous by God. Because of Jesus’ shed blood, they receive forgiveness of their sins and eternal life as a free gift (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Our Lord Jesus Christ was bodily resurrected (1 Corinthians 15:4) and His return is imminent (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- The Holy Spirit dwells in every believer. And, all believers are to walk by the Spirit, not the flesh, performing good deeds which glorify Christ (Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 2:10).
- God will raise all people from the dead at the return of Christ. Those who believed in Jesus for salvation are raised to eternal life. Those who did not believe are raised to eternal judgment (John 3:16, 18; John 5:28-29).
Learn More About Us
You can learn more about us, our website, and What We Believe on the following website pages: